Choquequirao Trek 5 days / 4 nights
Choquequirao (from the Quechua Chuquik´iraw "Cradle of Gold") was the last Inca stronghold against the Spanish dominion for more than 40 years. The stonewalls that surround this old religious, political and social centre of the Inca Empire are mostly covered by weeds, which will give you the impression of being one of the first explorers reaching the site.
Day 01:- Cusco – Cachora - Rosalina
We set off from Cusco bound for Cachora, passing by the localities of Izcuchaca until reaching the Archaeological Compound of Tarawasi and the Pass of Saywite, to then enter Cachora for breakfast. After breakfast we start to ascend towards a vantage point in Wayna Qalli Grande, from where we will be able to appreciate a large chunk of the Archaeological Compound of Choquequirao, besides a beautiful view of the snow-capped mountains of Vilcabamba; then we will descend towards Capuliyuc, Cuca Masana, where the flora and fauna begin to change, until we reach Rosalina Beach where we will set camp.
Day 02:- Rosalina – Santa Rosa – Marampata - Choquequirao
Hike bound for the Canyon of the Apurímac River; on the way we will watch farming activities, as well as spectacular vistas of the mountains of Vilcabamba. We will then descend towards the Canyon of the Apurímac, one of the deepest and most beautiful in the world. We will set our camp nearby the hanging bridge linking both banks of the Apurímac River.
Day 03:- Choquequirao - Raqaypata
After crossing the hanging bridge over the Apurímac River we will begin to ascend towards Santa Rosa, where the vegetation will become abundant and the weather hotter. We will reach Marampata where we will pay a visit to the Citadel of Choquequirao; then we will continue to the sector of Raqaypata for camping.
Day 04:- Raqaypata - Chikisca
We will continue our return to Cusco, beginning with a steep descent to the Apurimac River where we will have lunch; in the afternoon we will climb for 4 hours approximately and then make camp at Coca Masana.
Day 05:- Chikisca – Cachora - Cusco
Descend towards the hanging bridge over the Apurímac River in order to reach the Town of Cachora; during the trip we will enjoy the attractive views of the Snow-Capped Mountain of Salkantay and the Cordillera of Vilcabamba, as well as the Canyon of the Apurímac River; from Cachora we will begin our return to Cusco.
End of our services.
• Bilingual Guide: english/Spanish
• Transfers mentioned in the programme from and to the hotel.
• Full board: 4 Breakfasts, 5 Snacks, 5 Lunches, 4 Teas, 4 Dinners
• Camping Equipment: Two person tents, Dining tent, Kitchen tent, Toilet tent, mattresses, tables, chairs, complete cutlery, First aid medicine kit and oxygen tank
• Service of cook and carriers
• Riding horses as support
• International and Domestic flights
• Airport taxes
• Baggage excess
• Alcoholic drinks, soda or bottled mineral water
• Personal expenses
• International or National personal telephone calls
• Additional nights for bad weather o flight cancellation
WHAT TO BRING:
• Hiking boots, sneakers and shoes.
• Long pants or slacks
• Long-sleeved shirts.
• Sweaters and a jacket.
• Rain wear always.
• Insect Repellent and sun block.
• Aid kit (Bandaids, cotton, bandages, rubbing alcohol, Aspirin).
• Medicine to arrest or prevent the so called ”Soroche” or altitude sickness.
• Please consult your physician what medicine is best suited for your organism.
• Flashlight and knife.
• A container for water and some purifying pills.
• A backpack (50 - 70 litres).
• A change of underwear.
• Gloves, scarf, wool socks and a hat or cap.
• A towel and toilet paper.
• Dried fruits, candies and chocolates.
CUSCO WONDERS TRAVEL
Calle Meloc 445 Cercado Cusco - Peru | Telephone: + 51 84 254225 Movil: + 51 984308834 MSN: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
http://www.cuscowonderstravel.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
Cusco Wonders Travel 2013 All rights reserved