VILCABAMBA & CHOQUEQUIRAO 8 Days / 7 Nights
This is a unique expedition, off the beaten path into the Vilcabamba range, visiting the lost Capital of the Incas during the Conquest, Espíritu Pampa (plain of spirits) in the heart of the jungle. This area has a tremendous scenic variety, with snow-capped mountains and a high jungle. There are some archaeological sites to visit on the way such as; Ñusta Hispana, a classic ceremonial plaza lined with massive Inca stone work. Vitcos, is the residence of the last Inca Manco Inca, and this is the place where the Spaniards murdered him. From this point, we enjoy a great panoramic view of the Vilcabamba valley. This valleys are surrounded by high mountains and glaciers where early andean inhabitants condition them in harmony with nature , establishing civilizations with high social and technological order. Becoming one of the greatest civilized centers of the world ,where glaciers and high jungle plus Amazonia meet. Our expedition will continue up to Colpacasa pass and down into the high jungle for a few days until we reach the last capital of the Incas, Espiritu Pampa, in the heart of the jungle. The place is still mostly covered by thick overgrowth, and has many bird species such as the famous "Cock of the Rock" (national bird of Peru) and also many species of orchids can be found here. During your adventure, you will be well taken care of by a professional crew of bilingual guides, cooks and wranglers who assure a comfortable and safe trip. All your gear is transported on mules and we provide saddled horses for the ones who rather ride than hike.
Day 01:- Cusco - Chaullay - Huancacalle
We start in the morning with a scenic bus ride down to the Sacred Valley of the Incas, passing by Ollantaytambo and then driving up to the Malaga Pass (4200 mts.). From here we descend to the Valley of Huyro and pass by the villages of Maranura and Chaullay. In the afternoon we arrive at Huancacalle where we have our first camp. (L/D)
Day 02:- Huancacalle – Vitcos – Ñusta Hisp’anan - C’ollpaccasa
After breakfast, we start our expedition with the visit of the archaeological sites of Vitcos and Rosaspata, followed by the visit of the impressive carved rock formations of Ñusta Hisp’anan. From all sites we can enjoy breathtaking views onto the majestic Pumasillo Mountain. After lunch we continue our hike towards Colpacasa pass, then down into the high jungle where our first camp is already prepared. (B/L/D
Day 03:- C’ollpaccasa – Ututo
During the morning we hike towards the Mauk’achaka area, descending to Concevidayoc in the afternoon, where we camp and can relax while we try to catch some fish. (B/L/D)
Day 04:- Ututo – Vista Alegre
After breakfast, we start our descent. We can appreciate lusher more tropical vegetation and climate. Arriving at the Pampaconas River we enjoy lunch and have some time to refresh at the river shore before we start our hike again. In the afternoon we arrive at the camp at Vista Alegre where you will enjoy teatime in a semi-tropical ambiance, followed by a delicious dinner and a deserved rest. (B/L/D).
Day 05:- Vista Alegre – Concebidayoc
Today we enter into an even warmer tropical Vilcabamba Valley. During our hike we can enjoy the diverse flora and fauna of the area with its famous "Cock of the Rock" (national bird of Peru). In the afternoon we arrive at our already set camp at Concebidayoc. (B/L/D)
Day 06:- Concebidayoc – Espiritupampa – Chontabamba
Today we walk towards the Pampaconas River that drives us to Espiritu Pampa. We will have ample time to explore this fantastic area with its constructions and terraces. In the afternoon we continue hiking to our camp at Chontabamba. (B/L/D).
Day 07:- Chontabamba - Chiwankiri
Today is our final day of trekking in the tropical climate of the Espiritu Pampa Valley. Enjoying the diverse flora and fauna of the area we will arrive to the camp at Chiwankiri in the afternoon ready to have a last night out in the "wild" with a very civilized tea time and exquisite dinner. (B/L/D).
Day 08:- Chiwankiri – Kiteni – Cusco
Today we say goodbye to our team of wranglers and horses and return by bus across the village of Kiteni there town of Quillabamba and the Malaga Pass towards Cusco or a night stop at Ollantaytambo for an extension trip to Machu Picchu. (B/L)
• Private transport from the hotel Cusco to Huancacalle
• High quality camping equipment (We use professional tents, Doite, Model Kailas 3, extra light / 4.5kgs and Doite, Model Himalaya, extra light / 4.5kgs, both for 2 persons. Air beds, eating tent with table and chairs, bathroom tent).
• Meals during the excursion (Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks / Option vegetarian).
• Professional guide (English or Spanish)
• Cook and assistant
• Horsemen and mules, for all our camping and personal equipment
• Emergency horse (for every 3 persons)
• Truck from Chiwankiri to Kiteni
• Public transportation from Kiteni to Quillabamba
• Host family in Huancacalle o camping
• Hostel in Quillabamba
• Public bus from Quillabamba to Cusco
• First-aid kit, oxygen bottle and safety rope
• Breakfast on the first excursion day
• Sleeping bag (If you don't have this, you can hire it in our office)
• Meals while on the cities
YOU SHOULD BRING:
• Sleeping bag,
• Clothing for warm and cold climate like a waterproof jacket
• Trekking shoes and trousers
• Polo's / t-shirts
• Rain poncho,
• Sun block cream
• Insect repellent and disinfecting alcohol and gel
• Bottle of water and sterilizing tablet
• Photo camera (wrapped in plastic bag)
• Flash light and batteries
• Some snacks like chocolate bars and dry fruit
• Original passport, ´ISIC´-student card and extra money in soles.
CUSCO WONDERS TRAVEL
Calle Meloc 445 Cercado Cusco - Peru | Telephone: + 51 84 254225 Movil: + 51 984308834 MSN: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
http://www.cuscowonderstravel.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
Cusco Wonders Travel 2013 All rights reserved