TREK CHOQUEQUIRAO TO MACHU PICCHU 8 Days / 7 Nights
DAY 01:- CUSCO – CACHORA -CHIQUISKA
Early morning departure from Cusco. Our privatetransportation will take us to the town of Cachora where our mule wanglers and horses are wayting. We hike for about 5 hours down into the Apurimac Canyon camping at Chiquisca (1800 mts) (L, D).
DAY 02:- CHIQUISKA – MARAMPATA –CHOQUEQUIRAO
After a good breakfast we start our strenuous hike up hill for about 5 hours to our lunch spot at Maranpata, and then for another hour and a half to Choquequirau, where we camp. Choquequirau ( Golden Cradle ) is considered the Sister city of MachuPicchu, because of several similarities, it hangs 1,500 meters above the Apurimac Canyon , MachuPïcchu hang above the Urubamba canyon. It is at the same latitude and it is a large citadel with more of 8 hectareas. (B, L, D).
DAY 03:- CHOQUEQUIRAO – MAIZAL
Early morning departure, walking through Choquequirau, to find our way behi nd the upper plaza , going up though high cloud forest to the Choquequirau Pass. Afterwards the trail continues through some agricultural terraces or ( Andenes) called Pichiyoc which means (water jumping forward ) Also this terraces in the Inca Times where cultivated to provide food for the locals. We will continue up toward the Rio Blanco for lunch. In the afternoon we enter another Inter Andean valley to the hamlet of Maizal. Where we camp. (B, L, D).
DAY 04:- MAIZAL – YANAMA
Early morning trek around the Corihuarachina glacier, important due to some archeological remains such as Inca channels . Then we pass through Minas Victoria , a place that during the colony , silver was extracted from a mine. Continuing the trek to the valley and town of Yanama. At the shadow of the Pumasillo Glacier where we camp. (B, L, D).
DAY 05:- YANAMA – TOTORA
Today we trek surrounded by the high mountains of the Vilcabamba Range full of Ichu grass and of Tarwi brush, we go up to the Yanama Pass ( 4580 meters), highest pass on the trail .You continue down river arriving to the hamlet of Totora, where we camp. This place has indescribable beauty tranquility and pure nature surrounded by the glaciers Salcantay Padreyoc, and Pumasillo. (B, L, D).
DAY 06:- TOTORA - WIÑAYPOCCO
Following the Totora river you enter an area of high cloud forest arriving at Colcapampa known for its hot springs. Then we descend the trail on the left side of the Santa Teresa river where we will see small plantations of bananas, passion fruit, coffee, arriving later to Wiñaypoco where we camp.(B,L,D).
DAY 07:- WIÑAYPOCCO – PATALLACTA – AGUAS CALIENTES
Following the trail down the Santa Teresa River through more plantations arriving to Miscabamba where we cross the river, continuing on the slope of the hill to our right going through an Andean cloud forests to the Puncuyoc pass, then descending through grass land and fruit tress where there is cattle arriving to PaltaLlacta to camp. The panoramic view from this place is breath taken, you can see a different angle of Machu Picchu and the Aobamba canyon, where another Inca trail can be seen. (B, L, D).
DAY 08:- AGUAS CALINETES – MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO
After breakfast we will take the bus to Machu Picchu, there, we will have a guided tour for all the Archaeological Site, then we will have free time to be by our own in Machu Picchu, maybe to climb the Wayna Picchu. In the afternoon (At 4:00 pm.), we will take the train from Aguas Calientes back to Cusco arriving at 9:00 pm. Approximately. (B).
• Transportation to the head of the trail.
• Professional English speaking guide
• Mule Wanglers and mules for your equipment
• One or two emergency saddle horses.
• Double occupancy tents, Dining tent and latrine tent
• Tables and stools plus all the plates and silver ware
• All the meals during the trek
• Cook and assistant
• Last Night Hotel in Aguas Calientes
• Entrance ticket to Machupicchu
• Train back from Aguas Calientes to Cusco
• Lunch in Machu Picchu the last day
• Bus from Cusco - Machupicchu - Aguas Calientes
• Sleeping-bag (if you wish we can rent )
YOU SHOULD BRING:
• Personal sleeping Bag (If you don’t have, please, see our camping equipment Web)
• Bottle of Water(our cook won’t give us water until lunch time)
• Purification Tablets
• Original passport
• Backpack and Daypack
• Hiking shoes or boots
• Raincoat or poncho
• Water bottle, flashlight, hat, sun block, sunglasses
• Warm clothes, Light clothes, 4 pairs of socks
• Insect repellent
• Tablets for the altitude Sickness(We can find it easy in the Cusco Pharmacies, we hardly recommended the Coramina)
• 06 Extra pairs of Socks(In case those get wet, all time is important have our feet warm and dry enough)
• Extra plastic bags, to maintain our equipment dry during the rain season
• Chocolates, candies or other snacks
• Photo Camera
CUSCO WONDERS TRAVEL
Calle Meloc 445 Cercado Cusco - Peru | Telephone: + 51 84 254225 Movil: + 51 984308834 MSN: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
http://www.cuscowonderstravel.com | email@example.com
Cusco Wonders Travel 2013 All rights reserved